This day will give you a thorough overview of Professor John Hattie’s ground-breaking theories and research.
This exhilarating day is a must for anyone hoping to use evidence-led teaching and raise achievement. You will learn how to embed the rigorous methods to monitor teaching effectiveness.
You can access this ground- breaking research into Visible Learningplus two ways:
- In your own school where Osiris trainers will bespoke the day to your specific context
- On our one-day course where you can hear Professor John Hattie himself
What will the day consist of?
Compare the impact of different practices, initiatives and structures on student learning from the largest ever evidence-based research into what actually works.
From 250 million students, 50,000 studies and 800 meta-analyses, unpick the five key principal based around the work of Professor John Hattie.
Explore the Visible Learning research:
Know the major factors that influence student achievement
Identify the factors make the biggest impact
Know how to use effect sizes to measure student progress and assess the impact of teaching practice.
Understand the key characteristics of visible learners and the best teaching methodologies to achieve them.
Gain an in-depth insight into the Leadership Actions that will have the greatest impact on student outcomes.
Know the actions to create A Visible Learning culture
a shared language of “learning intentions”
success criteria for your ongoing work back in your school
Gain a teaching toolbox of strategies, techniques and activities
- Be able to create and use effect sizes for your school data
- Visible Learningplus health checks for yourself and your school
- Teacher toolbox of metacognitive strategies
- Measure relational trust in your school
- The four-step instructional feedback model
Gain access to our post-course support area to browse our catalogue of course materials.
We will also help you understand the next steps for you and your schools development by completing our training needs analysis which we will review and feedback to you.